This is the easy way to maintain your hot tub or spa in your home. You can have the same luxury as what you get in a five-star hotel as long as you know how to maintain them, don’t do it yourself if you don’t have enough knowledge about it. We are talking about the modern spa made of fiberglass.
For a newbie owning a spa, there are so many important things to know. Take for example the kind of spa and hot tubs out there, which varies depending on the heater that you use, as well as the water that you use.
Here are some basic heating tips for your spa.
1. Use an econo-mode and turn the thermometer to whichever you deem comfortable so that you will be able to save energy. You can turn it up before you get in.
2. Adjust the chemical levels and use test strips in order to of your spa and your bath tub. You have to compare these strips with the chart that comes in the container. Practice makes perfect and soon enough, you will notice that you can manage your spa by yourself. You don’t need an expert to do the work for you.
3. Make sure that the cover is tight on your spa in order to prevent letting out the heat. The newer the cover, the better its insulation will be. This will also help you cut back on the energy bill.
4. You have to condition the spa or the hot tub at least once a month. This prolongs the life by protecting it from elements like the sun’s rays. It also prevents the vinyl from cracking and hardening.
5. Leave the heater of your hot tub on all the time. This equips the circulating pumps and it allows the circulation of the water to take place. It also prevents the water from building up. The algae are also filtered and it cleans the water.
6. Wipe the spa with polish in order to give it a protective coat. After cleaning the filter, make sure that all debris has been removed.
Heaters in a Gas-Fueled vs. Electric heaters
Now if you’re planning to get a new water heater that you needed on your spa, you might ask yourself whether you should get the gas-fueled heater or the electric heater. The natural gas seems to be more than half of the water heaters and electricity heats what is left behind. Heaters burn up the propane, kerosene or oil is the minor percentage. Some use solar collectors or wood heat in order to heat the water.
Key point is checking if the natural gas is there. If so, then water heater must be ready for it was gas-fueled. Electric heaters are being considered if the natural gas is not there or not available, making it impossible for the water to run through the roof and conduct heat through the combustion emissions. Take note that gas is faster and cheaper in heating water. So propane, oil and kerosene aren’t as convenient as gas.
If you have a water heater that is electric and you want to make the most out of the economy by using propane or natural gas, then check whether your electric heater is capable of extracting the existing heat in the water. You can check out this layz spa hawaii hydrojet pro inflatable hot tub review by turning the heater on in the storage tank. You will see that there is a heating unit that is mounted through the wall. You do not need a bent. It is already connected to the tank and the water line. The gas is directly piped through the new heating system. The unit is then three times the capacity of an electric water heater.
If you are a proud owner of a spa or a hot tub, you should also know that there are two kinds of gas logs.
1. Liquid Propane is a gas that has more carbon compared to natural gas. It burns three times because it is thrice hotter than the latter. This is the very reason why LP Gas tanks must be placed outside the house.
2. Natural Gas is lighter than air and it dissipates once it has been released. It doesn’t burn as fast when compared to the other gases. It is also cheaper. This must be piped to an appliance.…